8 slices bacon
3 garlic cloves minced
1 onion chopped
2 pounds Brussels Sprouts cut in half
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
½ cup real maple syrup
1. Fry the bacon. Set aside on paper towel. Reserve the bacon grease.
2. On a medium low heat add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, approximately 3 or 4 minutes.
3. At a medium heat brown the Brussels Sprouts by stirring occasionally. Do this in batches.3-4 minutes per batch.
4. Add the Brussels Sprouts, salt and pepper to the onions and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add ½ cup real maple syrup and cook 2 minutes with the lid removed. Stir occasionally.