3/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1-2 inches ginger grated on a micro plane
2 1/2 tablespoons oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
3 drops soy sauce
3 drops sesame oil
8 ounces cooked lean boneless pork or 8 ounces chicken, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
4 cups cold cooked rice
4 green onions, chopped
2 cups bean sprouts
2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
2. Allow wok to cool slightly.
3. Mix egg with 6 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
4. Add 1/2 Tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. I also like to add 2 cups chopped broccoli that I precook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
7. Add 2 Tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.